Fire officials say an accidental house fire Monday morning may have started because of an unattended candle.
Updated 4:35 p.m. Monday, Feb. 4 A woman was treated and released with a minor injury after a fire in her Wheaton home Monday morning, fire officials said. The Wheaton Fire Department responded to the scene at 1232 E. Oxford Ln. around 9:30 a.m. Monday and controlled the fire within minutes, according to the fire department. The fire started in a bedroom on the second story of the home. The home is now uninhabitable due to smoke and water damage, officials said. One resident was home at the time of the fire. She was able to leave without injuries. The cause of the fire is deemed accidental and appears to have been related to an unattended candle, officials said. Like Wheaton Patch on Facebook