Position sought: DuPage County Board, District 6
Political party: Republican
Website: Citizens for Kevin Wiley
E-mail address: email@example.com
Campaign committee: Citizens for Kevin Wiley
Age: 51, October 6, 1960
Family: My wife Laura and I have been married for over 22 years and have called district 6 home for that entire time. We've lived in two homes in Carol Stream, 1 in Hanover Park, and we currently live in unincorporated West Chicago. All our kids were born in Winfield and I've coached football, baseball, basketball, and soccer in Hanover Park, West Chicago, and Bartlett.
I have been blessed with three wonderful children.
Alexis – Is in her senior year at Eastern Illinois University
Christian – Is in his freshman year at Elgin Community College
Benjamin – Is in his junior year at Bartlett High School
Education: Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
Occupation: Engagement Manager
Political Party: Republican
Previous Elected or Appointed Offices: Current Trustee, Bartlett Fire Protection District
Is there any additional experience you believe qualifies you for the position?
- Successfully led the community in its fight for fair and equitable zoning enforcement and due process for all citizens in DuPage County
- Participated in one of the most successful IPOs in 2000, Apropos Technology
- Directed a team of staff officers to sustain a 412-person organization in four separate locations with equipment and assets in excess of $50M. Increased organizational output capacity by 200% while reducing costs by 50%.
- Developed the operations, training, and mobilization packages to equip, train, and deploy over 1200 soldiers and then led the recovery operations of the same.
- Developed and implemented the Business Continuity Planning for all six business units at one of the largest North America lending institutions. Based on these efforts, continuity was maintained during a structural fire, which destroyed three floors of the North American headquarters.
- Drove call center projects from initiation through delivery and certification. Developed functional specifications, identified technical requirements, defined workflow, call flow, and voice prompts, and performed project risk assessments. Coordinated resources to meet project commitments, tracked project deliverables, milestones, and change requests and provided status updates to all project stakeholders.
- Applied Extreme and Agile programming development to create a new product development modeling technology to enable user interface designers to prototype designs in real time using standard documentation tools.
- Led multiple, simultaneous, global product support teams for a drug manufacturer; spearheaded the creation of a Risk Assessment Control Table (RACT) instrumental in the company’s response to an FDA quality warning letter receiving agency approval; directed planning and execution of an impurity study to confront drug substance quality concerns; managed the development of an IV Container Closure System to permit enhanced quality inspection; led the emergency response to an impurity in an Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) threatening the supply of a key drug product; planned and implemented a solution encompassing the validation of more accurate analytical methods, updating regulatory filings, and expediting the production schedule and order fulfillment processes; and succeeded in preventing a product stock-out throughout Europe.
- Successfully led product development projects for a large medical device company: managed design, development, verification, and validation of fifteen IV disposable sets in support of a major product recall; facilitated an FDA 510k submission for a new device component; and led the introduction of third-party products into the firm’s portfolio, including the development of labeling changes and quality agreements.
What would your priorities be if elected to this office?
As a County Board Member I would work with my fellow board members to improve our community through the application of proven business practices to this often bureaucratic and politically challenged organization
Improving our county’s customer focus; Working with our directors to introduce process’ that produce repeatable, reproducible, and predictable outcomes; participating on the development committee to ensure the rights of the ordinary citizens who have poured their life savings into their homes and this community.
What sets you apart from the other candidates?
Passion and Experience: I am a successful businessman, an Iraq war veteran, and have been elected as a Trustee for the Bartlett Fire Protection District Board, the Civil Affairs Association, and the Association of Wayne Center. I am a committed conservative that will lead the effort for a leaner, transparent, and accountable County Government.
I am a proven leader in our community, quick to adapt to any situation and will excel as your DuPage County Board Member. I enjoy a well-established reputation as someone who gets things done and guarantee your interest will be at the center of every action I take.
Official campaign name
Elect Kevin Wiley
What can the county do to promote job growth and draw new business to DuPage County?
Foster a business-friendly environment. Of the over 3200 counties in the US, DuPage County is one of the 30 highest taxed counties in the nation. Believe me when I say we can do better. 3200+ counties have found a way to do it.
What would you do to practice fiscal responsibility in DuPage?
Work with the directors to eliminate redundancy, identify the eliminate waste in our processes, and to hold all government employees to the highest standards of service to this community. With a budget in excess of $400 million dollars a year and over 2000 employees, this is a highly resourced operation whose benefits should be felt by the entire community.
What ides do you have for improving the county's infrastructure and transportation?
Having travelled globally, I am happy to say that the county’s infrastructure is sound, maintaining it is the challenge. Controlling new developments through thorough analysis during the zoning process will help protect traffic patterns, flooding, and unwanted activities that will degrade our community.
In what ways can the county operate more efficiently and improve technologically?
Technology has forever altered private enterprise to improved service and greater efficiency. It’s time it has had a similar impact on government. Furthermore, in the push for greater transparency, it is not enough to simply broadcast information. We need to leverage the available technology to build a relationship with our residents and solicit their input on our services.
Do you support a gaming bill that would increase the number of casinos or other gambling venues in Illinois? Should a casino be built in Chicago?
This is a state issue and I would closely scrutinize any proposal to bring new casinos to DuPage County. Like any other petition, we need to consider the long-term impacts to the community and properly account for the cost before proceeding forward.
What do you suggest for property tax relief?
Maximizing the number of people paying in and minimizing cost of government services being rendered are the only levers we have to decrease or control the individual tax burden upon each of us. Scrutinizing our numerous levels of government to identify opportunities to support one another through IGAs or consolidate certain services around the most efficient provider would seem to offer the greatest opportunity to keep the cost of government in check.
Should the state consider consolidating school districts? What would be the best way to accomplish this in your legislative district?
While this is a question for your state representatives, it is important to note that consolidated school districts are a prominent feature in the highest taxed counties in the US. Education priorities are best determined at a local level.
Should the state legalize marijuana?
Are there ways to reform the legislative scholarship program, or would you support calls to eliminate the program?
This is again a matter for your state representatives. Any program like this that isn’t available to the whole community, or one that seems devoid of a consistent or independent standard is ripe for abuse. This is exactly what we’ve seen with this program.
Who are your political heroes and why?
Theodore Roosevelt. Teddy was the quintessential statesman. He believed in American excellence and would move mountains to enable its release. He took the view that elected officials, as stewards of the people, should take whatever action necessary for the public good unless expressly forbidden by law or the Constitution. He understood what the constitution said, and what it did not. He understood that he was sent to office to serve. The presidency did define Teddy Roosevelt, he defined the office.
Have you ever been convicted of a felony, sued successfully or had a restraining order placed against you? If so, please explain.