Washington Elementary School
Washington Elementary School, a District 200 school, is located south of Geneva Rd. on the west side of President St., with its main entrance on Bridle Ln. Washington has two Kindergarten classes, three first and second grade classes, two third grade classes and four fourth and fifth grade classes. In addition to the curriculum including fine arts and physical education, students in third through fifth grades may elect to participate in extracurriculars in music and/or student leadership roles. Washington also has before and after school programs which operate Mon - Fri, 7am - 9:15am and 3:30pm - 6pm.
- Fax: 630-682-2223
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9:15am - 3:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Parking spaces available, curb access at main entrance
- Number of students: 415
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 22.5
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 61
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The Washington PTA organizes events and programs, such as food drives, which contribute to the school's community involvement.
- What makes this community special?: Washington Elementary is committed to raising enough money to purchase 17 SMART boards, which allow interactive use for teachers and students.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Starting in third grade, students may participate in the chorus and/or Student Council. Fourth and fifth graders may play in the orchestra, and fifth graders may also elect to play in the band. Fifth graders are also able to apply to be a safety patrol.