Trinity Episcopal Church
Trinity Episcopal Church in downtown Wheaton is the oldest church building in Wheaton that is still in use. The church dates to 1875, when the first services were held in the Universalist Church, which is now the site of the DuPage County Historical Museum and Park District Administration. On December 18, 1881, Bishop William E. McLaren laid the cornerstone of the new location on the southeast corner of West and Wesley streets. It is part of the Diocese of Chicago, which is affiliated with the worldwide Anglican Communion.
In the 1950s, the main church building was added. It seats 428 people. In 1997, Trinity Episcopal underwent a $1.8 million renovation, which extended the parish hall and classrooms in the basement.
- Fax: 630-752-0436
- Hours: Daily, 9am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Accessible entry is through rear (west) entrances
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered
- Denomination: Episcopal
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No