Longfellow Elementary School
Located one block north of Wheaton's City Hall and downtown, Longfellow Elementary School is located on Seminary, with its main entrance and drop-off area set behind the playground on Union Avenue. Longfellow has two kindergarten classes, three first, second, third and fifth grade classes and four fourth grade classes. Students have physical education, music and art classes, as well as resources for bilingual learning, speech pathology and therapy.
- Fax: 630-682-2342
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9:15am - 3:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is curb access and an automatic entry.
- Number of students: 429
- Male-to-female ratio: N/A
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: North Central Accreditation
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 19.75:1
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Number of faculty: 55
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Longfellow's Parent Teacher Association (PTA) organizes programs that engage the school with the community. For more information, see Longfellow's website for the PTA newsletter updates.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Before and after-school program