DuPage Convalescent Center
The DuPage Convalescent Center was originally built 122 years ago as a County Alms House for the indigent. It became a nursing facility in the 1930s and provides services that include intense in-service education programs. The center has 360 beds, approximately 70 percent of which are occupied by Public Aid recipients.
The center has three licensed pharmacists on-site, as well as a full- time chaplain and a volunteer force of more than 300 active volunteers. There are always volunteer opportunities at DuPage Convalescent Center, as volunteers support the center's recreation program and all in-house activities.
Resident rooms have one, two, or three beds and are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Residents are billed based on a daily rate, which varies depending on his or her type of care. Rates include room and board, routine nursing care, social services, therapeutic activity programs, routine medical supplies and linen service.
For the complete list of services not included in the rate, see the "Admission Info" page on the Convalescent Center website.
- Fax: 630-784-4203
- Hours: Daily, 24 hours
- Handicap Accessible: It has all access. There are handicapped parking spaces and automatic entry.
- What makes this community special?: The DuPage Convalescent Center provides long- term care to patients ranging from age 19 to 100 and has a large capacity to accept Public Aid patients.
- Services: The Convalescent Center provides subacute care, long-term care, Alzheimer special care and young adult care. Rehabilitation services include occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech language pathology.
- Parking: Free lot
- Insurance accepted: Medicare, Medicaid
- Appointments: Appointment suggested
- Accreditations/certifications: Joint Commission, Department of Health and Human Services, Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois Department of Public Aid Exceptional Care, Medicaid
- Affiliations: DuPage Convalescent Center Foundation
- Services: Occupational therapy, On-site medical staff, Physical therapy, Speech therapy
- Features: Chapel, Game room, Gift/flower shop, Off-site activities, On-site activities, Transportation
- Capacity: 360
- Visiting hours: Daily, 7am - 9pm
- Services: Home-health aid, Live-in