Carl Sandburg Elementary School
Opened in 1968, expanded in 1997 and again in 2000, the Sandburg Elementary campus occupies nine acres and is one of 13 District 200 elementary schools. In addition to Kindergarten through fifth-grade classes, Sandburg offers extended-day Kindergarten; a Before and After School Program (BASP); classes in art, music, a technology lab and physical education; and after-school programs such as Battle of the Books, band and orchestra.
- Fax: 630-682-2350
- Hours: Grades 1 - 5, 9:15am - 3:30pm; AM K, 9:15am - 11:45am; PM K: 1pm - 3:30pm. Office: Mon - Fri, 8am to 4:30pm.
- Handicap Accessible: The school is equipped with ramps.
- Number of students: 393
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: none
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 17 to 1 per district reporting
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 24
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Our mission is to involve the student in the community in order to foster the highest levels of character development. Our kids really care!
- What makes this community special?: The families and students really work together.