Zumba is one of the latest fitness crazes that is very popular here at the Warrenville Park District’s FitnessNOW Center.
Zumba combines Latin music with easy-to-follow dance moves. Zumba classes incorporate interval training that includes resistance training to alternating slow and fast rhythms.
Because it’s so popular, we now offer four different Zumba classes (as described by zumba.com):
- Zumba features “exotic rhythms set to high-energy Latin and international beats;” it’s a great cardio workout and tones the entire body, including abs and glutes
- Zumba Toning: “when it comes to body sculpting, Zumba Toning raises the bar (or rather the toning stick). It combines targeted body-sculpting exercises and high-energy cardio work”
- Zumbatomic (for kids 4-12): “high-energy fitness parties packed with specially choreographed, kid-friendly routines and all the music kids love, like hip-hop, reggaeton, cumbia and more”
- And the newest addition – Zumba Sentao: “takes the thrill of the fitness-party and partners it with explosive, chair-based choreography to strengthen, balance and stabilize your core, and step up your cardio work in a whole new way”
So why is Zumba so popular? Why should you take a Zumba class?
- 12 million people of all shapes, sizes, and ages in more than 125 countries can’t be wrong.
- It’s an “exhilarating, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness party™ that’s moving millions of people toward joy and health,” according to zumba.com.
- The music is great! Zumba classes feature a range of dance styles, including mambo, cumbia, merengue, cha-cha, hip-hop, and belly dancing.
- Increase your fitness.
- Increase your energy level.
- Use almost every muscle of your body as you shimmy, shake, and stomp to the beat.
- Burn some serious calories. You can realistically burn 500 calories or more in an hour.
- Get motivated to keep exercising: if you enjoy doing something, you’re more likely to stick with it.
- You can do Zumba even if you can’t dance well. Zumba moves are relatively simple and manageable for most people.
- It’s fun!
As with any exercise, if something causes you pain, modify your workout to avoid the aggravating movements.
Check out our Zumba class schedules on our Web site and join us some time soon. You may want to take advantage of the Warrenville Park District’s Flex Pass, which lets you take any available group class, including any Zumba class, any time you want, as many as you want, for one single low fee.
FREE! For a limited time, take one Zumba class FREE at the Warrenville Park District. Simply call our Registration Office at 630.393.7279 and mention this blog to receive this offer. You must sign a waiver to take advantage of the free class. Offer expires Sept. 17, 2012. Try it – you’ll be so glad you did!