You know the saying, the more the merrier? That saying can apply to fitness – and group exercise classes – in addition to many other things in life.
You say you’re worried about making a fool of yourself? You don’t like repetition when you exercise? Nonsense! Taking a group exercise class is a great way to keep your fitness routine on track and if you find a good one, like those we offer at the Warrenville Park District, you’ll never be bored.
Here are the top 10 reasons to take a Warrenville Park District group exercise class:
- Meet new people. (You know – the more the merrier!)
- It’s good for you. You’ll get fit, and you’ll get an endorphin “high.”
- It forces you to “make an appointment to exercise.” If you have a schedule to follow, you may be more likely to show up to work out.
- Get expert advice. Learn how to exercise correctly – safely and effectively – with a trained instructor.
- Get motivated. Peer pressure and group support can be highly motivating.
- Be held accountable. If you miss a class, someone will notice. And you’ll have to explain your absence. So you’ll be less likely to miss.
- It forces you to make time for yourself. It gives you time to meditate.
- It forces your body to get some stimulation.
- Because you ate that candy bar.
- Because it’s fun. Yes, it’s work, but it’s fun work!
We offer a variety of group exercise classes at Warrenville Park District: Boot Camp; Quick Fix; Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Gentle Yoga for 50+; Total Body Conditioning; Balletone; Strictly Strength; Zumba, Zumba Sentao, Zumba Toning; Butts & Gutts; Tai Chi for Health; Anything Goes; Guns & Abs; Lunchtime Express; Sit & Get Fit; Pilates. The schedule for classes is on our Website.
You can pay for classes on a per-class basis, or you can purchase a Flex Pass, which allows you to take any group exercise class, any time, for one single fee.
If you’re not sure whether you’ll enjoy a class, you can take the first one for free! Just call 630.393.7279 for details.