My last post contained suggestions for active games that make great gifts; this one focuses on great gift ideas for activities and outings.
Note: many of these gifts can be found at lower prices by searching on the Internet.
- GeoPalz: “GeoPalz is the first fitness tracker that lets you ‘Walk to Win.’ The more steps you take, the more pedpoints you get. Trade’em in for all types of prizes, from Frisbees and jump ropes to baseball bats and footballs, you can also save your points to win a Bike or skateboard.” $25
- Zipfy Freestyle Mini Luge: “…the easiest, safest, most exhilarating way to go sledding... you'll be amazed how easily you'll carve down the hills… Unlike most other snow sleds and toboggans, the Zipfy Mini Luge has a handle, and you can steer by leaning into your turn.” List price $29.00-54.99
- Snowshoes: “If you've never experienced the beauty or serenity of hiking in fresh-fallen snow, you're in for an adventurous treat. Snowshoeing is easy to and fairly inexpensive.” $29.95 and up
- Design Your Own Box Kite: “Perfect for the windiest of days, this kite will have your own personal touch soaring up into the sky!” List price $29.99
- Longbeard’s Treasure Hunt: “ A treasure hunt especially created for grandparents & grandkids that’s easy to set up and fun to play…lots of different ways to play and increase/decrease difficulty.” List price $64.95
- Fitterfirst Pro Wobble Board: “Regardless of your age or ability, daily use of a balance board or wobble board is an asset to your fitness, health and well-being.” List price: 79.95-89.95
- Family zoo membership: treat your family to expeditions of the zoological nature and help out a good cause. Brookfield Zoo starts at $97/year. Lincoln Park Zoo offers free admission, but members get special benefits; household membership is $90/year. Cosley Zoo starts at $59/year.
- Kangoo Jumps: “Though you will have a blast of fun jogging or jumping in the the Kangoo Jumps at home or in your gym, We GUARANTEE that these are an incredible workout for improving your fitness level and will help you to look your best! Jumping or rebound exercises work on the butt muscles, leg mucles, trunk and stomach as well.” From $179
Here's to a fun, active 2013 -- happy holidays!