Giving the gift of health and fitness is priceless; here are some ideas for everyone on your shopping list, from least expensive to most expensive.
- Magazine subscription to a fitness publication, such as Men’s Health, Fitness, or Runner’s World. $10-25
- Magnetic yoga: “The Magnetic Yoga 63-Piece Set features one-inch tiles that you simply snap apart and put on any magnetic surface. You get 63 different poses, in a variety of colors, complete with both the Sanskrit and English names. They can be rearranged to create numerous unique yoga routines…” $11.99 (http://www.yogadirect.com/Magnetic-Yoga-63-Piece-Set_p_1384.html)
- ASICS “A” Swirl LED light: keep safe when exercising outdoors in the dark. “Four powerful red LED bulbs with 6 different sequences provide one-mile visibility when attached by built-in magnet to any garment. Replaceable battery.” $12.95 (http://www.holabirdsports.com/asics-a-swirl-led-light.html)
- Duro-Med Pedal Exerciser: “The pedal exerciser stimulates circulation and muscle strength. Place the unit on a table to exercise the arms or enjoy bicycle-type exercises from your chair.” $19.75 (http://www.boston.com/business/specials/holiday/2009/exercisegifts?pg=8)
- GoFit Core Disk: “Full-body training tool inflates or deflates for varied levels of difficulty. Adjusts easily with standard ball pump and needle. Core disk measures 13 inches in diameter.” $21.45 (http://www.amazon.com/GoFit-GF-CDISK-Core-Disk/dp/B0007W2FEK/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1354056724&sr=1-1&keywords=GoFit+Core+Disk)
- Fitness Anywhere Kit: “With the Total Body Toning Kit, you can sculpt and tone right in your own home. Perfect for beginners and experts alike, the Kit includes a 65-cm balance ball, 3 resistance bands and a workout DVD.” $24.99 (http://shop.reebok.com/us/product/men-women-total-body-toning-kit-equipment/SR993?cm_mmc=RbkSEM_google_ecom-_-Holiday+2012+-+Gift+Guide-_-Total+Body+Toning+Kit-_-Reebok&cm_mmca1=US&cm_mmca2=e)
- Takeya Water Infusion Jug: “Create any flavor of fruit infused water: lemon, orange, lime, strawberry, kiwi or a combination of fruits. Made from BPA free Acraglass™, the Fruit Infusion Jug lets anyone create homemade fruit infused water in minutes.” $24.99 (http://www.takeyausa.com/products/drink-makers/fruit-infusion.html)
- The 4-Hour Body book: “The 4-Hour Body is the result of an obsessive quest, spanning more than a decade, to hack the human body. It contains the collective wisdom of hundreds of elite athletes, dozens of MDs, and thousands of hours of jaw-dropping personal experimentation.” $27.00 list price (http://fourhourbody.com/)
- Gaiam Audio Yoga Mat: “Listen to music or audio yoga practice. Compatible with both an iPod & MP3 Player…” $28.27 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042YD69W/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=13517872927&hvpos=1t3&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17817667271508212724&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_5fmwvkuo69_b)
- Zip™ Wireless Activity Tracker: “Get a kick out of fitness with this little device. It tracks your steps, distance, and calories burned – and syncs those stats to your computer and select smartphones.” $59.95 (http://www.fitbit.com/zip)
- Gaiam Balance Ball Chair: “Created by leading health and fitness experts to improve your back health. Employs the same balance ball used in your workout routine. Helps build a healthier back, align the spine, relieve pain, and improve your overall well-being.” $63.98 (http://www.amazon.com/Gaiam-Balance-Ball-Chair-Black/dp/B0007VB4NE/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1354054209&sr=1-1&keywords=gaiam+balance+ball+chair)
- Polar FT4 Heart Monitor: “Shows when you’re improving fitness based on your heart rate, displays calories burned, comes with comfortable fabric transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk.” $99.95 (http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/get_active/fitness_crosstraining/FT4)
- AudioFlood Waterproof iPod Shuffle: “Completely Waterproof up to 200 ft. Waterproof Headphones Included. 15 hrs of battery life, 2GB of storage (enough space for over 500 songs). Built in clip to easily attach to goggle strap, shirt, or anywhere else you would like.” $135.00 (http://www.amazon.com/AudioFlood-Waterproof-Shuffle-Headphones-Included/dp/B0087RF5RG?gclid=CIa1n8-d8LMCFao7Mgod6z4AxA)
- Folding bicycle: “Folding bicycles allow for easy transport and storage. The nicest folding bicycles often collapse the fastest and smallest. Many folding bicycles easily stow in small specially designed bags for public transit use and work storage ease, states online transportation resource website Transportation Alternatives.” $200-$2,000 (http://www.livestrong.com/article/217761-folding-bicycles-review/)
- Warrenville Park District gift certificates: great for any occasion, and they come in all sizes! Gift certificates can be used for a variety of programs and services. Call 630.393.7279 for more information.
Do you have any ideas for great fitness gifts? Please share them with me!
Happy holidays, and here’s to a fit 2013!