The Wheaton College Justice Coalition race kicks off at 8:30 a.m. and is expected to shut down streets until about 11 a.m., according to a press release from Wheaton Police Chief Mark Field. Uniformed police officers will direct traffic.
The following streets will be temporarily blocked, according to the release:
- Washington Street between East Jefferson and Union
- Union between North Cross and Washington
- North Scott between Franklin and Jefferson
- North Cross between East Jefferson and East Prairie
- East Prairie between North Cross and North Scott
- North Scott between East Prairie and Hawthorne Blvd.
- East Hawthorne between North Scott and North Washington
- Wakeman Avenue between North Washington and Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa between Wakeman and East Forest
- East Forest between Santa Rosa and Webster
- Webster between East Forest and University Place
- University Place between Webster and Chase, and
- Jefferson between Irving and Washington.
Meanwhile, the 2014 Lowell School 5K Run/Walk, beginning at 9 a.m., will shut down several other streets between about 8:45 and 11:15 a.m. Those include:
- Willow – between President & Chase
- Chase – between Evergreen & Crescent
- Crescent – between Chase & Washington
- Washington – Runners/walkers will remain on the sidewalks pursuant to permit conditions
- Evergreen – between Chase & Washington