It may not be the same, but since Wheaton's Fourth of July parade and fireworks have been canceled , we may need to explore other options this Independence Day.
Here are some festivities in neighboring communities for Fourth of July 2012:
The parage starts at 12:45 p.m. at Main and Grant streets in Downers Grove. The fireworks begin around 9:30 p.m. at the intersection of 75th Street and Lemont Road.
An 8 a.m. fun run kicks of the festivities in Glen Ellyn, followed by a parade at noon and fun in Lake Ellyn park from 1-4 p.m. The fireworks will start around dusk.
The Ribfest fireworks will be at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 3 in Knoch Park, 724 West St., Naperville.
According to Naperville Patch, the annual fireworks display will be held at 9:30 p.m. Tuesday at Ribfest—in —bringing the five-day festival to a close. The Exchange Club of Naperville, the city of Naperville, and the sponsor the fireworks display.
- Entrance to Ribfest is free after 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Free is available to and from Ribfest.
- The fireworks will be synchronized to music and residents can listen along with the broadcast on 95.9 the River, according to the Naperville Park District.
- The fireworks concert will begin around 9:30 p.m., with music on 101.5 FM. Admission: $3.
- The Taste of Lombard begins at 5 p.m. Tuesday, July 3 and ends Saturday, July 7. The carnival and Taste events shut down at 11 p.m. every night, with activities opening at noon Wednesday, July 4 and Saturday, July 7.
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday events start at 5 p.m.