The Wheaton Grand Theater is no longer for sale.
Jim Atten, owner of Atten Real Estate purchased the property at 119-127 N. Hale St., went on the market last spring, listed by Century 21 for $599,000, spokesman Rick Erickson said Tuesday.
After the Nov. 30 closing, Erickson said Atten and theater supporters will begin fundraising and planning for the building's future. "I'm sure the Wheaton community is dying to see this beautiful theater lit up (again) in the heart of Wheaton."
He said everything they can do to raise money for the theater will be done, from grassroots, small-time efforts to working with major players in the community.
"We're realistic. There is a lot of work to be done," he said.
For more information on the Theater and its progress, go to the Wheaton Grand Theater Facebook page.
What do you think should open in the Wheaton Grand Theater building? Tell us your ideas in the comments.
- Prospective Buyer Withdraws Bid for Wheaton Grand Theater
- Potential Buyer Interested in Wheaton Grand Theater
- Al Hollenbeck's Letter to the Editor: Vote Yes on Wheaton Grand Theater
- 1925 Theater Looks for a Second Act in 2011
- City Council Candidates Weigh in on Theatre Referendum
- City to Include Advisory Referendum for Wheaton Grand Theatre on Ballot in Upcoming Election
- City Withholds Payment to Grand Theatre Consultant
- Chamber Member Reaches Out to Community to Take Action Toward Restoration of Wheaton Grand Theater