TheWheaton Park District will hold its hearing on the budget and appropriation ordinance for Fiscal Year (FY) 2012 before beginning the meeting. Agenda items include:
Ordinance making a combined annual budget and appropriation of funds for the Wheaton Park District for Fiscal Year 2012: The board will vote on a budget that includes $40,683,299 in net expenses and appropriations of $48,819,959, and around $52 million in revenue.
Kelly Park development bid results and recommendations: The board will vote to accept two of the 13 bids submitted for Kelly Park improvements and reject 11 to proceed in its plans to significantly reduce the costs of the project. Staff has recommended the board accept bids for the shelter and ice rink that will be built.
Fairway Suites: The board will vote to re-authorize its with Fairway Suites to build a hotel at Arrowhead Golf Club.
Full time vacancy: Staff recommends approval to fill a full time vacanty for a night custodial supervisor at the Community Center. The budget for the full time position, including salary benefits and projected time off compensation is $47,638.06.
Reports from staff
Executive Director: The report includes planning for the park district, including
- Butterfield Road expansion: work on the main entrance was completed. The project engineer expects traffic will switch to new south lanes for winter and that Naperville Road will be open to traffic in both directions.
- Central Park development: Staff has been working on conceptual plans for the development of the former Hubble property and the potential .
- : Bids were solicited to replace the generator.
- : Construction of the detention area is scheduled between Nov. 1-23. Plans for the bobcat exhibit have been submitted to the city for a permit.
- Danada South: Navistar is interested in funding a trail connection from the leased portion to the business and neighborhood further east. The majority of the path will be on forest preserve district property.
- Kelly Park: Recommendations are made to the board to accept and reject applicable bids.
- Northside Park: Repairs were made to the playground surfacing that are not up to par with staff expectations. Staff is working on a better solution.
- : The park district, with Shane’s Inspiration and Landscape Structures, met with parents and professionals who work with children affected by autism.
The Wheaton Park District Board of Commissioners meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 30 at , 303 Wesley Street, Wheaton.