The deadline to file petitions for vacant Wheaton City Council seat has been extended from Dec. 24 to Dec. 26.
Petitions for nomination are filed with the Wheaton City Clerk, City Hall, 303 West Wesley Street, Second Floor, Wheaton, Illinois. The filing period begins Monday, Dec. 17 and ends Wednesday, Dec. 26, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.. City Hall offices will be closed on Monday, December 24, 2012 and Tuesday, December 25, 2012 for the holiday.
- Be registered voters of the City of Wheaton and candidates must reside within the corporate limits of the city at least one year next preceding the election; and
- File Nonpartisan Primary Petitions for Nomination signed by at least 81 registered City of Wheaton voters residing within the corporate limits of the City of Wheaton together with a Statement of Candidacy, Loyalty Oath (optional), and a receipt indicating the candidate has filed a Statement of Economic Interest with the DuPage County Clerk.
A Consolidated Primary election will be Tuesday, February 26, 2013 if more than four (4) candidates file for the Councilman At-Large position. The Consolidated Election will be held on Tuesday, April 9, 2013, with the successful candidate taking office at the latter of either the first regular or special meeting after receipt of the official election results or at the first regular or special meeting in the month following their election. For further information, please contact the Wheaton City Clerk’s office at (630) 260-2012.
Information courtesy of the city of Wheaton.
- Five File for Council Seat in Wheaton's North District
- Jeanne Ives Resigns From City Council
- Councilman Tom Mouhelis Will Not Seek Re-Election
- Rutledge Announces Run for Wheaton City Council
- Wheaton Municipal Candidate Petitions Available Aug. 28