Wheaton Mayor Michael Gresk is seeking individuals who would be interested in being appointed to the currently vacant At-Large City Council position. The position became vacant Nov. 19, when Councilwoman Jeanne Ives resigned before she takes office in Illinois' 42nd representative district. The appointment to this position will be for approximately four months, ending in May 2013.
Individuals interested in being considered for this position are asked to submit the following documents to Mayor Gresk at Wheaton City Hall, 303 W. Wesley St., no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 28, 2012:
- A complete resume
- A statement identifying the reasons why you want to be considered for an appointment to the City Council
- A statement identifying the issues you believe are the most important issues the City is facing, as well as your opinion on how those issues should be addressed
Any questions pertaining to this solicitation should be made to the Wheaton City Clerk Sharon Barrett-Hagen at 630-260-2012.
Information courtesy of the City of Wheaton.
- Five File for Council Seat in Wheaton's North District
- Jeanne Ives Resigns From City Council
- Councilman Tom Mouhelis Will Not Seek Re-Election
- Rutledge Announces Run for Wheaton City Council
- Wheaton Municipal Candidate Petitions Available Aug. 28