The case against a Glen Ellyn man accused of inappropriately touching three teen-aged girls at a St. Charles retail store was continued until later this summer.
Attorneys for Nicholas Edward Muniz, 24, briefly appeared before a Kane County judge Thursday morning to request a continuance.
Muniz, 290 May Avenue, was charged May 13 with two counts of battery and two counts of disorderly conduct for inappropriate contact with a 16- and 14-year-old girl at Target, 3885 E. Main St, in St. Charles.
After reports of the touching incidents on May 11 and 12 were filed, St. Charles officers contacted Target loss prevention officers who reviewed store videos and were able to provide suspect and vehicle information. St. Charles officers set up surveillance on May 13 and saw a man and vehicle matching Muniz' description pull into the store parking lot. Officers ran the license plates and found the car was registered to Muniz. Muniz was taken into custody without incident on May 13 as he exited the store that afternoon.
On May 15 St. Charles police personnel talked with a new 13-year-old girl who said she too had been inappropriately touched by Muniz in the St. Charles Target Store. The victim told officers that she saw a newspaper article along with the photograph of Muniz and she identified him as being the offender. Warrants and complaints were obtained and Muniz was booked and processed on the new charges of battery and disorderly conduct.
Four days later authorities from Wheaton Police Department arrested Muniz for a similar incident that occurred at the Wheaton Target store on May 12. Muniz was also charged with retail theft from the Wheaton store. When Muniz was initially arrested St. Charles reported Muniz' car contained property from the Wheaton store.
He is scheduled to appear in a DuPage County courtroom July 11 for the theft charges.