Is there something you'd like to tell Metra about its commuter rail service?
Local residents have the opportunity to share their opinions in the coming week or so, when the agency holds public input meetings throughout the suburbs as part of its effort to develop a strategic plan.
"In this time of limited transportation funding, it is especially important that our plans accurately consider the projects and direction desired by the public and key stakeholders," reads a statement about the open houses on the agency's website.
A session was already held in DuPage County, but rail commuters are invited to attend any of the following open houses:
4-7 p.m. Wednesday, July 18
- City of Evanston's Civic Center, 4th floor Parasol Room, 2100 Ridge Ave., Evanston
4-7 p.m. Thursday, July 19
- Village of Homewood, Village Hall Board Room, 2020 Chestnut Rd., Homewood
4-7 p.m. Tuesday, July 24
- City of Geneva, Geneva City Hall, 22 S. First St., Geneva
- Village of New Lenox, Village Hall, Council Chambers, 1 Veterans Pkwy., New Lenox
4-7 p.m. Wednesday, July 25
- Crystal Lake City Hall, Board Room/Council Chambers, 100 W. Woodstock St., Crystal Lake
Riders can also voice their opinions by answering Metra's online survey through Aug. 10. The survey asks questions about setting goals and what direction Metra should take as outlined in mission and vision statements.
Sign up for the free daily newsletter