This week's Patch Picks: Picnic Spots
There are a lot of them—52 public parks, Cantigny, Herrick Lake, Blackwell—throw in a stop at the French market on a Saturday and you've got yourself a nice little Saturday planned.
1. If you're a downtowner, try
2. If you're a wedding crasher, set up camp at (while enjoying your own food).
3. If you're a nature lover, go to .
4. If you want privacy, go to the Lincoln Marsh Natural Area.
5. If you don't want privacy, go to .
6. If you have lots of kids that want to run around, go to Northside Park.
7. If you have teenage boys, go to Clocktower Commons: take a putter and a helmet (for the skate park next to the green).
8. If you aren't into packing a real picnic, to go Historical and get a hot dog
9. If you want to create some ambiance, or just spoil your date in time for gardening season, pick up some flowers and/or plants at the going on Thursday and Friday.
Next week's Patch Picks: Top Chefs