Beginning May 4, Wheaton Patch will be making room for local bloggers on the site.
We're looking for bloggers who can riff on various topics, share their personality and engage our readers in discussions.
Patch is more than a news site, it's an online conversation about your community.
- Are you passionate about Wheaton issues?
- Are you an expert craftsman or hobbyist who can share do-it-yourself tips?
- Do you have strong opinions about local government?
- Are you a huge high school sports fan?
- Are you a very involved parent?
- Can you educate us? In anything, like history, religion?
- Can you just make us laugh?
- Can you write compellingly?
If any apply, we want to hear from you.
This isn't a reporting job. It's blogging. You write what you want to say when you want to say it. Do it on your schedule, whether it's posting multiple entries per day or a couple times a month.
Patch won't own what you post, so you can repost your entries to your other blogs. Much like The Huffington Post has done, Patch is providing local bloggers an online platform to have their words seen by a larger audience.
My role as an editor would be to review blog entries submitted to Wheaton Patch to ensure there are no libelous claims. I might correct obvious typos, too.
If you would like to chat about the opportunity to share your unique voice with our readers, let me know by emailing Charlotte@Patch.com or by calling me at 630-589-7732.