PopFest 2012, the festival that brings together two all-American favorites, Beer and Popcorn will be held at the Rock Bottom Brewery in Warrenville on Saturday, July 7, 2012 from 1 p.m until 5 p.m.
Craftbeer makers from Half Acre, Haymarket, Goose Island, Gordon Biersch, Two Brothers, Rock Bottoms (Chicagoland area), and many others will participate in event which will be held outdoors at the Warrenville Rock Bottoms parking lot. Beers will be paired with gourmet flavors of popcorn from Chicago's own Popcorn Palace. http://www.popcornpalace.com/
As with last year, a special beer made with popcorn will be unveiled. Created by Rock Bottom Brewmaster, Jim Wolfer and named EL Mariachi, the beer is a Mexican Style Popcorn Lager. South Americans have been fermenting corn based beverages for millennia, Rock Bottom carries on the tradition by crafting a crisp, refreshing, straw-hued Lager, brewed with 20 pounds of air-popped popcorn and three gallons of Agave Nectar.
The cost to attend will be $25 and will include entry, a tasting glass and the delight of experiencing the gourmet popcorns with craft beers. Combination and pairings include:
- Better Salt 'n Pepper Popcorn with King Puff International Style Pilsner (Beer made with popcorn) by Half Acre Brewing Co / Rock Bottom Lombard
- Jalapeño Popcorn with POP Mexican Cerveza (Beer made with popcorn) by Rock Bottom Warrenville
- Buttery Popcorn with Dog Days craft beer by Two Brothers Brewing
- Nutty Caramel Popcorn with Rock Bottom Chicago’s Mild Ale
- Cheddarific Popcorn with Gordon Biersch’s Summerbrau Beer
- Cheddar Ranch Popcorn with Rock Bottom (Orland Park) Czech Pils
- Chicago Chic Popcorn with Two Brothers Bitter End
- Chipotle Cheese Popcorn with Rock Bottom (Lombard) Smoked Helles
- Deep Chocolate Popcorn with Revolution Brewing Co. Eugene Porter
- Cinnamon Sin Popcorn with Rock Bottom (Lombard) Pirate Porter
- Coconut Cloud Nine Popcorn with Rock Bottom (Chicago) Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Red
- Cookies n' Dream Popcorn with Rock Bottom (Warrenville) Schwartzbier
- Currycopia Popcorn with Haymarket Brewing Co. Last Chance Belgian IPA
- French Caramel Popcorn with Emmets Brewing Summer Bock
- Sesame Ginger with Rock Bottom (Warrenville) Surrender
- Macadamia Magic Popcorn with Flossmoor Station Hefeweizen
- Pink Peppercorn Popcorn with Metropolitan Flywheel Bright Lager
- Fruit Rainbow Popcorn with Goose Island Clybourn Berry Saison
- Spicy Cheese Popcorn with Goose Island Clybourn Midway IPA
- Wild Blueberry Popcorn with Rock Bottom (Orland Park) Weizen Bock
- White Cheddar Popcorn with Solemn Oath Brewing Co. Yarn Bomb Cascadian Hefeweizen
The event will offer live music featuring Jack Avery's Kin at 1 p.m., The Jack Pines at 2 p.m. and Overman at 3:30 p.m.
The event is sure to draw hundreds of craft beer and gourmet popcorn aficionados. To purchase tickets, visit www.brownpapertickets.com or call 630-836-1380.
Rock Bottom is a polished casual restaurant brewery offering a broad range of unique ales and lagers handcrafted and brewed on-site. Founded in Colorado nearly two decades ago, Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery can now be found in 16 states. Having earned over 125 of the brewing industry’s most esteemed medals and awards, Rock Bottom is known coast to coast for its fresh beer, hospitality and great food.
Rock Bottom Brewery in Warrenville is located at 28256 Diehl Road. Check out their website at www.rockbottom.com or join them on Facebook for specials and events.