The 2014 Fireworks Display will be on Thursday, July 3, 2014 at the DuPage County Fairgrounds at 9 p.m.
Between 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m., motorists can expect traffic delays on:
- North County Farm Road between West Roosevelt Road and Geneva Road,
- Manchester Road between East Street (Winfield) and North Gables Boulevard, and
- Surrounding neighborhood side streets near the DuPage County Fairgrounds.
The Wheaton Police Department asks for motorist cooperation to abide by parking regulations and posted signs, and please exercise care for pedestrians going to and from this event.
The 2014 Independence Day Parade will be held on Friday, July 4, 2014 beginning at 10 a.m. and concluding at noon.
The following major streets will be closed:
- North Main Street between Geneva Road and West Wesley Street,
- West Wesley Street between North Main Street and West Street,
- West Street between West Wesley and Front Street, and
- Front Street between West Street and North Cross.
Several side streets along North Main Street, particularly East Parkway Drive and East Hawthorne Boulevard, will be temporarily closed for staging parade entrants.
During this time, these streets will be adequately staffed with uniformed police officers to assist and direct traffic for both events.
View a map of the road closures