Glen Oak Restaurant has a number of specials starting Friday night and running through Monday. So if you cant get out on Monday, just celebrate a little early. Specials include Salmon Fresca for $12.95, Shrimp and Steak for $14.95 and a special Valentine's Day Lover's Stew for $8.55.
Adelle's offers a special prix-fixe menu this Valentine's Day for $125 per person, and includes the choice of salmon, beef tenderloin, braised short ribs and duck breast.
You've been to the fancy-schmancy restaurants with 5-course candlelight dinners at fancy schmancy restaurants. You've done the shower-them-with-flowers-and-chocolates charade. This year on Valentine's Day, the most romantic night with your love involves one thing: fun. You just want to let loose with your lifetime prom date. Get all gussied up and cut a rug with your Valentine at the Valentine's Day Dance at Arrowhead on Feb. 14. The dance costs $49 per person and lasts until 9 p.m.
- Not into the dance idea? Maybe you'd rather go out over the weekend and just enjoy each other. If that's the case, try , which will offer half-priced wine bottles and a $60 special menue all weekend, Feb. 11-14 for couples.
In addition to its usual romantic lighting and ambiance, Cellar Bistro will have a special $95 five course meal offering, live music, special wine features and roses.
It's the ambiance, mostly. Ivy will over a special Valentine's Day menu that includes oysters Rockefeller, surf 'n' turf and Chilean Sea Bass.
The Red Oak Room at Cantigny Golf will have a special menu ranging from $36-$70 for sweethearts on Saturday, Feb. 12—including a hibiscus sorbet. Maybe a good place to try just because of the sorbet!
Not going out? Here are a couple of ideas to make your at-home dinner more romantic:
- Try the flowers from , 203 S Hale St,
- Indulge in the chocolates from
- ...and some wine from
- For 'mood lighting,' pick up some candles at
- Planning on snuggling up with a movie? Pick up some popcorn and candy at
Next week's Patch Picks: Five great nonprofits making a difference.