Invite a friend
Great Books Discussion Group
The Great Books method of Shared Inquiry discussion encourages a personal approach to literature. Participants engage in a search for the author's meaning. There are no right or wrong answers and no examinations. The sharing of individual interpretations results in a greater understanding for all.
New participants are welcome throughout the year. There is no fee and a Wheaton Public Library card is not required. Meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month, September through June, at 7:30 p.m.
To register or for more information about the Great Books Discussion Group contact Beverly Jirsa at 630-868-7573 or email@example.com.
Sept. 12 - Shirley Jackson * The Lottery
Oct. 10 - Plato * Protagoras
Nov. 14 - Anton Checkov * The Cherry Orchard (Paul Schmidt, tr.)
Dec. 12 - On Time: Poems by Shakespeare, Donaghy, Thomas, Baudelaire, Wylie, and Yeats
Jan. 9 - Book of Job
Feb. 13 - Hans Christian Andersen * The Shadow
March 13 - Simone Weil * Human Personality
April 10 - Euripides * Electra (Emily Townsend Vermeule, tr.)
May 8 - Leo Tolstoy * Second Epilogue to War & Peace
June 12 - Richard Hughes * A High Wind in Jamaica
|Where||Wheaton Public Library 225 N Cross St, Wheaton, IL 60187 (Lower Level Meeting Room)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:30 pm–9:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Seniors|
More About Wheaton Public Library
Wheaton's Public Library is one of the suburb's finest and was recently voted Best Public Library by readers of West Suburban Living Magazine. It features a large collection of over 400,000 books and over 15,000 DVDs and Blu-rays, downloadable ebooks and audiobooks, ample lighting, free wi-fi access and plenty of comfortable areas to sit, read, work or study. The library was renovated and expanded in 2007 and features a direct connection to the beautiful Adams Park to the west. The library offers classes, concerts, children's events and research help for all ages.
Other events here
- Movie Matinee Wed, May 22, 1:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Have Book - Will Travel Summer Reading Kick-off! Sat, Jun 1, 9:00 am–4:00 pm
- Macaroni Soup! Active Music for Kids Mon, Jun 3, 10:00 am–10:45 am
- Family Storytime June 3, 2013 / July 1, 2013 / August 5, 2013, 7:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Summer Storytime and Reading with Rover Registration Wed, Jun 5, 9:00 am–10:30 am
- Early Literacy Workshop: Read! Thu, Jun 6, 10:00 am–10:45 am
- Early Literacy Workshop: Sing! Fri, Jun 7, 10:00 am–10:45 am
- JG's Reptile Show Mon, Jun 10, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Historic Route 66 Tue, Jun 11, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Embroidery Lessons for Grades 3-8 June 12, 2013 / June 26, 2013 / July 10, 2013 / July 17, 2013,