How To: Add an Obituary to Patch
Patch makes it easy to share memorials of your loved ones.
At Patch, we strive to provide the most important information about the community, and consider memorials to those who have passed one of our top priorities.
While we try to share as much information as possible in our obituaries section and weekly compilations of death notices, it's possible we miss someone who is not under the care of the Hultgren and Williams-Kampp funeral homes.
We hope you are able to tell the stories of your loved ones and share memorial information in our announcement section.
To post an obituary, follow these simple steps:
- Click here to go to the Announcements page
- Click the "Add an Announcement" button on the right side of the page
- When you are directed to a new announcement, fill in the title and select the "Death Notices" category from the menu.
- Add the obituary and memorial service information in the "Description" field. (You may also upload photos and video below the text.)
- If you are satisfied with what you've added, click "Post my Announcement" at the bottom of the page.
Note: To add an announcement, users must create their free Patch account. Click to signup, then follow the link sent to your email to reset your password and confirm your account.
If you have any questions, please email editor Charlotte Eriksen at Charlotte@Patch.com.