If you need to buy a little something extra for a daughter-in-law, niece, daughter, girlfriend, friend or someone else, here are a few easy ideas.
1. Smart Touch (texting) Gloves
Everyone loses gloves, so they're a perfect gift. Smart touch gloves have tech-friendly fingertips that allow for touchscreen phone use. They are sold all over the place and range in price. Target has individual pairs and packs of three, ranging from $7.49 to $16.99.
2. Jewelry (not the pricey kind)
Here are some accessories that would make great gifts:
- stella & dot accessories: This brand is huge with celebrities. Browse the gallery that includes stars from Giuliana Rancic and Sofia Vergara to Elizabeth Banks and January Jones. Bestsellers include the charm necklace (chain is $22, charms start at $16), the simple, "Goddess" teardrop earrings ($34) and the "Serenity" small stone drop earrings ($34). stella & dog sells jewelry, bags and wallets and accessories for little girls.
- Dogeared necklace: Simple chains with meaningful charms—faith, karma, love, friendship, ranging from $38 and up. These can be ordered online or found at Nordstrom. Dogeared also makes earrings, bracelets and individual charms.
3. Makeup (gift sets or stocking stuffers)
Ulta in Wheaton should have gift sets with quality brand makeup under $50. The bestselling NAKED palette by Urban Decay is $50 and has natural eyeshadow shades that would work on almost anyone. The Essie trio setsare $16.
The Target cosmetic brand, e.l.f., is for some reason extremely cheap, but has products that actually work. A few inexpensive stocking stuffers could include an e.l.f. eyeshadow palette ($5); powder, eyeliner, blush, sponges, brushes or bronzer ($3).
4. TOMS Shoes or Ugg Boots
A few others:
- Concert tickets (Styx, Dec. 29; Lady Gaga, Feb. 13-14; Passion Pit, Feb. 22; Muse, March 4; Little Big Town in Joliet, March 21; Rihanna Diamonds tour, March 22)
- Scarves from Jeans & A Cute Top Shop