With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to The Perfect Thing or Marcel's Culinary Experience (in Glen Ellyn) and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to Bruss Landscaping, Inc. for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to Skylight Bakery Cafe or Graham's Fine Chocolates and order a festive cake or box of cookies or candies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to Prairie Path Outfitters, Midwest Cyclery or Run Today (in Glen Ellyn) and pick up an eco-friendly keychain, gift certificate, new running shoes, cycling gear or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life.
- Go to Paper House for monogrammed stationary that makes for a simple, yet personal gift.
- Go to Zazu Salon & Day Spa, Studio 209 or Frank Gironda Salon & Spa and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.