Election Central: Wheaton City Council
Patch has your guide to the 2013 municipal election in Wheaton.
There are five Wheaton City Council seats up for election this year, including an At-Large position. The only contested race is in Wheaton's North District, with four candidates running for incumbent Phil Suess's seat. The races for the At-Large seat and seats in the East, West and South districts are uncontested.
Early voting begins March 25. Election Day is April 9. When we get closer to the days when you can cast a ballot, we'll post links to more biographical and issue-based information about the candidates.
Unopposed Candidate Bios
- Election 2013: Alberta Adamson
- Election 2013: JT del Alcazar
- Election 2013: Ted Rodgers
- Election 2013: Phil Suess
THE 'MUST-READ' STORIES
Interesting stories relevant to the April 2013 election:
- City to File Suit Against Former Candidate, Election Commission Over Write-in Candidacy
- East District Candidate Appointed Interim Councilman
- Mayor to Fill Vacant City Council Seat
- City Council Candidate Removed From Ballot
- City Council Candidate Withdraws, Primary Canceled
- City Council Candidate Objects to Opponent's Eligibility
- Two File for Wheaton City Council
- Five File for Council Seat in Wheaton's North District
- Scalzo, Suess File for 2013 Municipal Election
- Jeanne Ives Resigns From City Council
- Former Councilman, Mayoral Candidate Seeks to Return to City Council in 2013
- Councilman Tom Mouhelis Will Not Seek Re-Election
- John Rutledge Announces Run for Wheaton City Council in 2013 Election
MORE LOCAL ELECTION COVERAGE ON PATCH
- Wheaton Election Central: A guide to every race that affects residents of Wheaton will be posted with all races and all candidates by mid-February.
NEW TO PATCH?
Join Patch! Create a free user account and join the discussion about the future of Wheaton. You'll be subscribed to the free daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
Got a news tip or letter to the editor? Email Patch editor Charlotte Eriksen.
TAKE THE PATCH POLL
Registered users of Wheaton Patch can cast a vote in our ongoing poll.