DuPage County Awards $1M in Grants to Nonprofits
DuPage County awards $1 million to 47 area nonprofits through the Human Services Grant Fund.
The following is a message from DuPage County:
DuPage County recently awarded $1 million to 47 area nonprofit agencies through the Human Services Grant Fund.
Health and Human Services Chairman Robert Larsen (District 6) said the fund was created by the County Board to assist agencies that directly serve the needs of DuPage County residents.
“We are fortunate to have a number of outstanding agencies here in DuPage County that are committed to improving the lives of our residents. Our Human Services Department evaluates and works with these agencies to ensure this funding will further a variety of programs and services, such as interim housing for the homeless, crisis intervention and job training,” he said.
The grants are available to organizations that help families achieve independence, ensure the protection of children and other vulnerable residents and maximize prevention opportunities to strengthen families’ well-being and stability.
The grants range from $3,000 to $45,000. The agencies were required to be registered as a 501(c)(3), serve a broad geographical area of DuPage County and have made a substantial impact on County residents for at least three years.
DuPage County awarded grants to the following agencies:
· 360 Youth Services
· Adult Christian Care
· Bartlett Learning Center’s Cupertino Home
· Bridge Communities, Inc.
· CASA of DuPage County, Inc.
· Catholic Charities
· Community Support Services, Inc.
· DuPage Center for Independent Living
· DuPage Federation on Human Services Reform
· DuPage Homeownership Center
· DuPage PADS, Inc.
· DuPage Senior Citizens Council
· Easter Seals DuPage and the Fox Valley Region
· Ecumenical Support Services for the Elderly
· Exodus World Service
· Family Shelter Service
· Hamdard Center for Health and Human Services
· HCS Family Services
· Humanitarian Service Project
· Love Inc. of Western Suburbs Chicago
· Literary Volunteers of America-DuPage
· Little Friends
· Loaves and Fishes Community Pantry
· Metropolitan Family Services of DuPage
· Metropolitan YWCA Chicago Patterson and McDaniel Family Center
· Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans
· NAMI of DuPage County Illinois
· Naperville CARES
· Naperville Elderly Homes - Martin Avenue Apartments
· Outreach Community Ministries, Inc.
· Parents Alliance Employment Project
· People’s Resource Center
· Prairie State Legal Services, Inc.
· Ray Graham Association for People with Disabilities
· Samaritan Interfaith Counseling Center
· Senior Home Sharing, Inc.
· Serenity House Counseling Services, Inc.
· Sharing Connections, Inc.
· Spectrios Institute for Low Vision
· Teen Parent Connection
· Donka, Inc.
· The Community House
· West Suburban Community Pantry
· World Relief DuPage
· Xilin Asian Community Center
· Youth Outlook