DUI, Felony Theft, Battery: Police Blotter
Wheaton police reports, Nov. 7-11.
SUNDAY, NOV. 11
Police charged Tony Stamper, 45, of Chicago with a warrant for a felony theft from Oct. 2 in the 1400 block ofNaperville Road. He was arrested about 1:30 p.m. at 1408 S. Naperville Rd., booked at the Wheaton Police Department and taken to DuPage County Jail.
Police charged Eric Schram, 19, of Glen Ellyn with a warrant for speeding. He was arrested near the intersection of Naperville Road and Thompson Drive around 1:15 a.m. He was released from the Wheaton Police Department later that morning.
SATURDAY, NOV. 10
Police charged Derek Bromstead, 44, of the 0-100 block of Mitchell Circle in Wheaton with driving under the influence of alcohol. Bromstead drove a yellow 2007 Nissan Xterra near the intersection of Butterfield Road and Legends Street about 3:15 a.m. when police stopped him. He was booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that morning.
Someone broke into a home in the 400 block of North West Street between 7:10 and 9:15 p.m. and stole several pieces of jewelry.
Police charged Lee Meyrick, 36, of Hoffman Estates with driving on a suspended license. He drove a gray 1999 Ford Escort near the intersection of Elm Street and Naperville Road around 1:30 a.m. when police stopped him. He was booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that morning.
Drugs, Driving Without a License
Police charged Jessica Gilmore, 25, of the 1000 block of Briarbrook Drive in Wheaton with driving without a license, and issued local ordinance citations of marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia. Gilmore drove a gray 2006 Pontiac G6 near the intersection of Naperville Road and Pershing around 1 a.m. when police stopped her. She was booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that morning.
DUI, Controlled Substance
Police charged Michael Witkowski, 29, of South Elgin with driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of a controlled substance. He was arrested about 1 a.m. near the intersection of Knollwood Drive and Roosevelt Road, booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that morning.
FRIDAY, NOV. 9
Someone stole a $200 tablet computer from a building in the 200 block of Franklin Street between 9 a.m. Nov. 8 and 8 a.m. Nov. 9.
Someone broke both driver’s side windows and punctured two tires of a blue 2000 Lincoln Town car parked in a driveway in the 200 block of North Prospect Avenue around 12:30 a.m.
2 Charged With Retail Theft
Police charged Michael Robinson-Johnson, 21, of Lynwood and Anton Gary, 22, of East Chicago, IN with retail theft. They were arrested at 418 N. Chase St. at 1:25 p.m., booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that day.
- Police charged Anthony Berte, 27, of Oak Park with a warrant for driving on a suspended license. He was arrested at the police department at 11 a.m. and released later that day.
- Police charged Donn Perry, 54, of the 200 block of North President Street in Wheaton with two warrants for driving on a suspended license. He was arrested at his home about 11:15 a.m. and taken to DuPage County Jail.
THURSDAY, NOV. 8
Police issued a local ordinance citation for disorderly conduct to David Liddy, 44, of the 800 block of South Main Street in Wheaton. He was arrested at his home about 10 p.m. for an offense in the 1700 block of Wiesbrook Road and released on the scene.
Theft: Political Sign
Someone stole a large political sign, worth $175, from a yard in the 700 block of South Greenwood Street between 4 p.m. Nov. 6 and 4:50 p.m. Nov. 8.
Driving Without a License
- Police charged Raul Guillen-Rivera, 34, of Glendale Heights with driving without a license. He drove a gray 2001 Chevy Cavalier near the intersection of Butterfield and Naperville roads about 4:20 p.m. when police stopped him. He was booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that day.
- Police charged Luis Ocampo-Acosta, 24, of the 800 block of South Lorraine Road in Wheaton with driving without a license. He drove a gray 2004 Mazda 6 near the intsersection of Blanchard Street and Roosevelt Road about 8:30 a.m. when police stopped him. He was released from the WPD later that morning.
Someone egged a management offices and bent a handicapped parking sign in the 1300 block of North Main Street between 5 p.m. Nov. 7 and 8:15 a.m. Nov. 8.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 7
Possession of Stolen Property, Battery
Police charged Shawana McLaurin, 30, of Warrenville with possession of stolen property and Luciano Cantu, 19, of West Chicago with a warrant for battery in the 2100 block of Rosevelt Road about 7 p.m. They were both booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that night.
Police charged Julie Kolp, 51, of Addison with theft in Danada Square West. She was arrested at 2 p.m. at Danada, booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that day.
- Underage Drinking, Drugs, Retail Theft: Police Blotter
- Wheaton Teen's Child Grooming Case, Child Sex Assault at Wedding, Dairy Queen Fondler: Court Watch
- Look Up Crime Stats in Your Community
- DuPage DUI Arrests, Nov. 11
- OMG PD: Halloween Wreck, Head Games, Morning Alcohol
- Teen Charged With Arranging to Meet Girl, 12, for Sex at Library to Undergo Sex Offender Evaluation
- Pumpkin Smashing, Vandalism: Police Blotter
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.