Program Coordinator (Fitness and Child Health)
- Organization: ProActive Kids Foundation
- Causes: Educational, Health, Kids, Sports
- Date(s): Dates and Times: • Spring Session: 50 hours total over 8 weeks (April 11 – June 3) - Monday (4-530 pm), Wednesday (4-530 pm), and Friday (4-6 pm)
- Contact person: Nicki Klinkhamer
- Phone: 630-681-1558
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.proactivekids.org
PROACTIVE KIDS SEEKS A PROGRAM COORDINATOR FOR SPRING SESSION
Position Type: Volunteer with potential for paid position as program grows. We are looking for dedication to the cause.
- Spring Session: 50 hours total over 8 weeks (April 11 – June 3) - Monday (4-530 pm), Wednesday (4-530 pm), and Friday (4-6 pm)
- Fall Session: (if interested) 50 hours total over 8 weeks (Sept. 19 – Nov. 11) - Monday (4-530 pm), Wednesday (4-530 pm), and Friday (4-6 pm)
The Program Coordinator manages the day-to-day activities of a foundation dedicated to delivering a consistent and proven, integrated health plan for overweight children and serve as the main point of contact for staff members and families, implements the fitness component of the PAK program and acts as the liaison to the ProActive Kids Foundation.
As a specialized member of the PAK team, you will be responsible for assisting in the overall direction and implementation of the PAK PLAN. Provide development and guidance to the PAK participants to ensure the highest level of success, motivation, communication, and discipline.
Utilize your passion for fitness in an environment that serves your community! This is a great opportunity to help deliver a community-based program for children and their families who struggle with unhealthy weight.
The Program Coordinator will:
- Execute program Monday (4-530 pm), Wednesday (4-530 pm), and Friday (4-6 pm), for the 8 week session April 11-June 3
- Act as key lead for the program for parents providing guidance and encouragement
- Manage paperwork for site including attendance log, consent forms, physician referral forms, participant profiles including weight/height, needs, etc.
- Actively manage program, coordinating and connecting the dots for PAK Fitness, PAK Nutrition and PAK Lifestyle components (PAK Nutrition and PAK Lifestyle are managed and executed by specialists in those respective professions)
- Encourage your staff to continuously develop and maintain positive relationships with one another and with course participants.
- Coordinate the PAK PLAN program schedule to ensure a consistent and effective delivery
- Manage the PAK environment to guarantee a friendly and inviting participant experience
- Must have /working toward a degree in physical fitness - Four year degree in kinesiology, sports medicine, or related field preferred
- High Energy / Enthusiasm
- Must be results driven
- Must have strong communication skills
- Child health/obesity experience a plus
Visit www.proactivekids.org for more information on the program. Join us on Facebook to follow the current and past sessions.
To apply, send your resume to info@proactive kids.org. ProActive Kids can be reached at 630-681-1558 if you have any questions about the position.
ABOUT PAK AND PAK PLAN
ProActive Kids Foundation (PAK) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit foundation with a mission of advancing child health and reversing the obesity trend one community at a time. Under the direction of the ProActive Kids Foundation leadership, a respected group of health care, education, nutrition, and athletic leaders, developed the PAK PLAN.
The PAK PLAN is much more than a simple diet or exercise program. It is a comprehensive, all inclusive program to treat the whole child …physically, nutritionally and emotionally, built around the stability and commitment of family. The program educates children and their families on fun and sustainable ways to improve their health through weekly physical exercises, lessons, assignments and discussions.
This innovative and personal life-changing experience is offered at no charge to children ages 8-14 who are considered obese or at risk.
The PAK PLAN is delivered by an experienced team of child fitness, nutrition and behavioral specialists executing a consistent and proven, integrated health plan. During the 8-week session, the children and their families follow the comprehensive and disciplined PAK PLAN focusing on three core areas:
PAK trainers follow a certified fitness program that includes three 45-minute sessions each week designed to increase muscular endurance and strength, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility and reduce body fat/BMI.
PAK Lifestyle Coaching
Understanding and working through the personal, societal and peer issues related to obesity will help children and their families deal with the many contributing factors to health issues. Sessions are conducted in both group and individual settings to start critical dialogs that will provide the foundation for overall program success while assisting each child in long-term management of their health.
Led by experienced nutritionists, the PAK dietary program is a family-inclusive approach to making lifestyle changes together towards healthier eating habits. Each 40-minute nutrition lesson engages the entire family to discuss proper nutrition as well as make a healthy snack or meal together.